The City of Cambridge is a great community in which to work, live, and play. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions concerning City Council meetings, Economic Development Authority meetings, elections, licensing, and or other City services.
300 Third Avenue NE
Cambridge, MN 55008
City Hall Entrance, opened June 2003
- Established in the late 19th century along the rail line from Minneapolis to Duluth.
- Cambridge was named by settlers from New England even though the surrounding area was heavily populated with Swedish immigrants.
- 7.46 square miles with three lakes.
- Median home value: $145,650.
- Median family income: $45,046.
- Median age: 34.1 years.
- 6,123 people are employed in Cambridge by 318 different entities.
- Cambridge's employment represents 60.2% of employment opportunities in Isanti County.
- 33% of our total budget goes for police protection
- 28% of the City's budget goes for public works for street maintenance, parks, etc.
- 5% of the City's budget goes for Fire protection
- 2017 General Fund Budget is $6,303,091 and our 2017 Tax Levy is $5,095,439
F:AdministrationLyndaCity Fast Facts 2017.mht